1. Do not take aspirin, medications containing aspirin, or any anti-inflammatory medications for two weeks prior to surgery. e.g., Alka Seltzer, Excedrin, Advil, Motrin, Midol, etc. If you need a pain reliever during this period, take Tylenol. PLEASE REFER TO THE LIST OF MEDICATIONS TO AVOID.
2. Do not take Vitamin E or alternative medicines (i.e. Gingko Boloba, St. John's Wort, or Ginseng) for two weeks prior to surgery, unless approved by your surgeon. These may interfere with the clotting process. You may take our approved Surgical Vitamin Program as directed.
3. You must arrange to have a responsible adult over the age of 18 to drive you home after surgery.
4. YOU MUST HAVE LAB WORK DONE 3 to 4 WEEKS PRIOR TO SURGERY. If a medical clearance is required, this report must be in our office two weeks prior to surgery. Failure to have this report will result in your surgery being cancelled.
5. Report any signs of a cold or infection occurring within two weeks prior to your surgery.
6. PLEASE BE AWARE, THAT SMOKING OR THE USE OF UNAUTHORIZED MEDICATIONS CAN LEAD TO COMPLICATIONS AND JEOPARDIZE THE RESULTS OF YOUR SURGERY! If you normally take medications in the morning, do take them with a sip of water. If you have any questions, please call the office.
7. Avoid sun burning or over exposing your skin to sunrays for two weeks prior to surgery. Any evidence of sunburn will result in your surgery being cancelled.
8. Weight gain can increase your risk of surgery as well as affect the aesthetic and functional results. A weight gain of 5 lbs. or greater between the time of your initial consultation and your preoperative visit may result in your surgery being cancelled.
9. Fill all prescriptions prior to your surgery date and bring them with you on the day of surgery.
10. Drink plenty of fluids throughout the day before your surgery. Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the day before your surgery.
DAY OF SURGERY:
1. If you take prescribed hypertensive medication in the morning, TAKE THEM with a small sip of water.
2. Please arrive one hour prior to your procedure. If you are late, your surgery will be cancelled.
3. YOU MUST ARRANGE TO HAVE SOMEONE PICK YOU UP AND STAY AT HOME WITH YOU THAT EVENING. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A RESPONSIBLE ADULT OVER 18 YEARS OF AGE TO STAY WITH YOU THE FIRST EVENING, YOUR SURGERY WILL BE CANCELLED.
4. Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothes that do not have to be pulled on over your head, i.e., a button-down or zipper blouse or shirt and loose fitting skirt or pants. NO MAKE-UP JEWELRY, PANTYHOSE, OR HIGH HEELS.
5.Do not apply lotion to hands or body.
6. Do not save questions for the morning of your surgery. This is a busy time for u s and it should be a relaxing time for you. Please contact the office PRIOR to your surgery if you have any questions.