What Is a Lymphatic Drainage Massage?
Your lymphatic system is a network of vessels and tissues that remove waste and toxins from your body while supporting your immune system. A lymphatic drainage massage in NYC improves the lymphatic fluid flow throughout your body. The painless massage technique uses light stroking movements and gentle, rhythmic pressure to stimulate your lymphatic vessels and encourage the flow of lymphatic fluid.
A lymphatic drainage massage reduces swelling, strengthens your immune system and actually improves the results of your recent cosmetic surgery. Dr. David Shokrian and the experienced team at Millennial Plastic Surgery in Midtown Manhattan use lymphatic drainage massage in conjunction with other cosmetic treatments to get your lymphatic system running smoothly after surgery.
My first butt lift was with another doctor and I didn’t have the desired results, but with millennial I had amazing results! Many doctors rejected me for another surgery. however that wasn't the case with this doctor. Very satisfied with the results!
I recently had a butt lift surgery and I couldn't be happier with the results. My surgeon was professional and skilled, and the recovery process was much easier than I had anticipated. The procedure has given me the confidence to wear clothing that I never thought I could before. I would highly recommend a butt lift to anyone considering it
I am extremely happy with my decision to get butt implants. The procedure was straightforward and the recovery was not as difficult as I expected. My new shape has given me a newfound confidence and I feel great in everything I wear.
Why Do I Need a Lymphatic Drainage Massage in NYC?
Lymphedema is a condition that causes excess lymphatic fluid to accumulate in your tissues and create inflammation. This can happen following plastic surgery procedures, such as liposuction, breast augmentation or a tummy tuck. Top cosmetic surgeons in Manhattan, therefore, recommend a series of lymphatic drainage massages during your recovery period to stimulate your lymphatic system and get the fluid moving again.
At Millennial Plastic Surgery, Dr. Shokrian or a hand-picked therapist encourages the movement of lymphatic fluid by gently manipulating your skin and underlying tissues. Lymphatic drainage massage can be applied to many parts of the body, including your:
- Face. If you have puffiness from face surgery or want to improve your skin tone and texture, the message promotes lymphatic flow to reduce inflammation and improve your skin.
- Neck. The best lymphatic drainage massage in NYC restores the lymphatic flow to reduce neck, jaw, chin and face swelling.
- Extremities. This massage technique reduces swelling and improves your circulation, providing a faster recovery from some surgeries, such as arm liposuction.
- Abdomen. A lymphatic massage in NYC improves the lymphatic flow after a body cosmetic surgery, such as an extended abdominoplasty.
- Back. A massage reduces swelling in your back and neck, especially when you’re recovering from back liposuction.
We can’t wait to meet you! We offer comprehensive consultations with Dr. Shokrian, and his team both virtually and in person.212-421-7123
How Can I Prepare Myself for a Lymphatic Drainage Massage?
To prepare yourself mentally and physically for a lymphatic massage in NYC, be sure to drink plenty of water. Avoid caffeine and alcohol. Wear comfortable clothing to your appointment. Other preparatory steps include:
- Breathing. Take slow, deep breaths, allowing the air to move down to your abdomen, and then sigh gently from your mouth. Repeat five times, pausing between breaths.
- Preparing the lymph nodes in front of your neck. Gently slide your fingers from your neck toward your shoulders to stretch the skin. Repeat this motion until you’ve massaged the entire front part of your neck.
- Preparing the rest of your neck. Place your palms on either side of your neck, below your ears. Stroke down and return both hands slowly. Then, place your palms near the hairline on the back of your neck and gently slide your hands down your neck toward your spine.
- Preparing the lymph nodes under your arms. Cup your palm under your armpit and gently pump it up your body. Experiment with the other arm as well. Don’t do this movement if you’ve been treated for cancer in this area.
- Preparing the nodes behind your knees. Pump the back of your knee by gently pressing both hands behind your knee and rolling them up, fingers pointing in the same direction. Repeat on the opposite knee.
These subtle movements are recommended by the best cosmetic doctors and surgeons who have been performing lymphatic drainage massage in NYC for a long time. You’re well taken care of at Millennial Plastic Surgery, one of the most trusted practices in Manhattan.
What's Involved in a Lymphatic Drainage Massage?
Your doctor may recommend a lymphatic drainage massage after surgery to reduce swelling and promote healing. Your lymphatic system may be compromised from surgery, causing lymphatic fluid to accumulate around your surgical site. This can result in swelling, pain and a limited range of motion.
Lymphatic drainage in NYC should only be performed by a trained professional because it necessitates a specific technique and understanding of the lymphatic system. Steps for performing a drainage massage include:
- Preparation. After you lie down on the massage table, the therapist may begin by guiding you through a few minutes of gentle breathing exercises.
- Neck and face. The therapist begins the massage by gently massaging your neck and face with light pressure and circular movements. This massage is done in the direction of lymphatic flow, which is usually towards the lymph nodes in your neck.
- Arms. The therapist then moves on to your arms. The massage starts at your armpit and works its way down to your hand. The therapist stimulates the lymph nodes in your armpit and elbow by using light, rhythmic strokes.
- Abdomen. Your therapist then massages your abdomen, using light circular strokes to stimulate the lymph nodes in your groin area.
- Legs. Finally, the therapist massages your legs, beginning at your upper thigh and progressing all the way down to your foot. To stimulate the lymph nodes in the groin, knee, and ankle, light strokes are all that’s needed.
- Repeat. Typically, the therapist repeats the massage on the opposite side of your body, working in a similar sequence.
- Closing. To conclude the massage, the therapist leads you through a few more minutes of gentle breathing exercises.
The therapist advises you to drink plenty of water after the massage, which helps you flush out any waste and toxins released during the massage. Rest is often recommended, and you’re advised to avoid strenuous activity for a few hours following the massage to allow your body to fully absorb the benefits of the treatment.
The best lymphatic drainage in NYC has a cumulative effect, so it may take several sessions to see significant improvement. As a result, a course of 10 to 15 sessions is frequently recommended to achieve the optimal results. One session can last anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour. The precise number of sessions required depends on you and the nature of your surgery.
Where Can I Find the Best Lymphatic Drainage Massage in NYC?
Lymphatic massage may be more effective than connective tissue massage in relieving the stiffness and other symptoms you may experience during your recovery from cosmetic surgery. Ideally, you should be able to get a lymphatic drainage massage in NYC at the same place where you got your cosmetic surgery. And that’s the case at Millennial Plastic Surgery.
To get the best results, choose a practice that has a qualified, experienced therapist, one who understands the anatomy and physiology of your lymphatic system. Dr. Shokrian is a well-known cosmetic surgeon, and his team in Manhattan includes therapists with backgrounds in massage therapy, physical therapy and lymphatic drainage massage training.
So contact Millennial Plastic Surgery right away to get the best lymphatic drainage massage in NYC. Dr. Shokrian and his team deliver promising results with this message therapy. When you’re investing in your new look, it makes sense to do everything you can to make sure it turns out just the way you wanted it. Set up a consultation to ask if a lymphatic drainage massage can help you.