What is Ozempic/Rybelsus?
Ozempic and Rybelsus are medical weight loss medications prescribed to make weight loss easier. One of a few different medications made with semaglutide, these drugs, along with diet and exercise reduces your risk of heart attack, kidney disease, sleep apnea and stroke. Ozempic weight loss may lower your cholesterol and blood pressure too. These medications are recommended for anyone with a body mass index over 30 percent or 27 percent with a significant medical condition.
Ozempic for weight loss comes in the form of a liquid injection taken once a week in the privacy of your home. Rybelsus is an oral tablet approved as an alternative to Ozempic for anyone who has trouble with injections. For more information and to begin treatment with an Ozempic doctor in NYC, rely on the experts at Millennial Plastic Surgery.
Why Would I Want to Try Medical Weight Loss Ozempic Injections?
Dr. David Shokrian, the leading doctor for Ozempic in NYC, offers these medical interventions to speed up your weight loss journey. Ozempic injections near me in Manhattan are straightforward solutions if you’re struggling with obesity or compulsive eating. Ozempic and Rybelsus change your body’s reaction to food both physically and mentally using the active ingredient semaglutide. Semaglutide mimics the action of hormone glucagon-like peptides by:
- Slowing down food moving between your stomach and intestines
- Releasing the drug when you eat
- Producing more insulin in your pancreas
- Lowering blood sugar levels in liver and fat storage
- Reducing your appetite
The medication performs these actions without eating, and it can be taken with or without food. With Ozempic for weight loss, you digest food slower, making you feel fuller faster. This slows down the signals sent to your brain that alert you of hunger. Expect a reduction in your food cravings and appetite shortly following your first Ozempic consultation and prescription.
What are the Long-Term Benefits of Ozempic Injections and Rybelsus Tablets?
Ozempic injections and Rybelsus tablets prescribed by Dr. Shokrian push you past previous weight loss plateaus, recent weight gain or trouble with cravings. Results reported include:
- Over a year, the average person on Ozempic lost 34 pounds compared to attempting weight loss without Ozempic, when the average person loses about six pounds.
- Ninety percent of patients using Ozempic weight loss injections lost five percent or more in body weight. Nearly 63 percent lost five percent or more, while 27 percent lost 10 percent or more in their first year using Ozempic for weight loss.
Results were similar across different ages, genders, races and ethnicities. Due to the nature of the medication, it’s important that Ozempic and Rybelsus are used over a long period of time for lasting effects. Take it long enough to reverse bad habits and build a healthier new lifestyle so you won’t gain the weight back.
How Do I Successfully Perform an Ozempic Injection?
Ozempic injections are a straightforward process. You should feel a subtle prick when injecting, which should cause only minimal discomfort. The injection is accomplished by following the directions of your Ozempic doctor in NYC:
- Check. Ensure the medicine inside the pen is colorless. Don’t use the pen if it’s cloudy or has any particles floating.
- Connect. A new needle must be used with each injection. To connect a new needle, unwrap, push and turn until it’s tightly attached to the pen. Once attached, pull off the needle cap.
- Prepare. Turn the dose selector to the flow check symbol. Press and hold the dose button until the counter displays 0. Check to ensure a drop has formed on the needle tip.
- Find. Find your chosen point of injection either on your upper arm, abdomen or thigh. Swab that point with a 60 to 70 percent alcohol-based solution for 30 seconds. Let it dry completely.
- Insert. Insert the needle at a 90° angle. Press and hold down the dose button.
- Remove. Wait for the display to reach 0, then slowly count to six. Remove the needle and dispose of it carefully. Put the cap back on the Ozempic medicine pen.
Store your unused Ozempic pens in the refrigerator between 36°F to 46°F. Ozempic pens must be used or disposed of within 56 days of first use. Dispose of Ozempic pens in puncture resistance plastic. Unused Ozempic pens can be used until the expiration date stated on the label of the pen.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Ozempic Injections for Weight Loss?
Regular visits with your Ozempic doctor in NYC ensure Ozempic and Rybelsus are being utilized correctly and effectively. Dr. Shokrian ensures that all medication received is evaluated and approved according to his high standards. During your initial Ozempic consultation, your doctor performs a complete medical history and exam to determine if you qualify for medical weight loss medications, which may not be recommended if you:
- Have previously had pancreatitis, kidney failure or thyroid cancer
- Are under 18 years of age
- Are related to anyone who has ever had MTC, or MEN 2
- Are allergic to semaglutide
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding
You must have realistic expectations and follow a healthy diet to receive the maximum benefits. Regular exercise is strongly recommended by your doctor when you ask about how to get Ozempic in NYC because you won’t see all the potential benefits from the process if you only rely on the drugs.
Medical weight loss medications like Ozempic, Rybelsus and Mounjaro are considered elective procedures by insurance companies, which typically won’t cover the injections or tablets. Injections or tablets usually cost about $1,000 per month. You can store Ozempic for weight loss for one month. Rybelsus pills come 30 to a bottle.
What Happens After I Reach My Weight Loss Goal?
Ozempic for weight loss is not meant to be taken forever. Instead, while you have the support of the medication, you also should learn better eating and lifestyle habits so that you don’t regain weight after you stop the pills or injections.
Once you’ve lost weight, your body looks different. And fortunately, you already have a relationship with Dr. Shokrian who can help you tone up and remove excess loose skin that used to be filled with fat. Millennium Plastic Surgery provides body lift plastic surgery and non-surgical options as the final wrap on your physical transformation. Procedures you may consider include:
Ozempic Doctor Near Me: Where to Get Ozempic Injections
Ozempic is a powerful medication that can interact with other medications, supplements, and vitamins and cause side effects. It is important to see an experienced and qualified doctor near you to see if Ozempic is right for you and to get the necessary monitoring and support. This is especially important because it can take several weeks or months to see the full effects of Ozempic injections.
If you are looking for an experienced Ozempic doctor in NYC, Dr. Shakrian is a highly-regarded specialist who has helped many people lose weight safely and effectively. He is conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan and is easily accessible to patients from all over the city.
It’s time to get your body back in the shape you’ve been dreaming about. Millennial Plastic Surgery is the leading medical team for how to get Ozempic in NYC. Contact them today to schedule an Ozempic consultation with Dr. Shokrian and start your Ozempic weight loss today.