What are Wegovy Injections for Losing Weight?
Wegovy is a prescription medicine approved to help you shed excess weight. It’s one of three semaglutide products currently approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The other two in this class of semaglutides are Ozempic and Rybelsus.
Wegovy is one of the most recent weight-loss medications to appear, and the results are extremely promising. Studies indicate that with this drug, you’re able to lose more weight and keep it off. That’s fabulous news if you’re one of the thousands of people sick and tired of yo-yo dieting.
You do need a doctor’s prescription to get Wegovy, and no approved generics are currently available. Be aware that some products sold as semaglutide online are mixed with other ingredients. For safety’s sake, the FDA cautions you to buy Wegovy only from a state-licensed pharmacy. The Manhattan weight-loss clinic at Millennial Plastic Surgery offers medical weight loss treatment in addition to a slew of plastic surgery options to firm up your body once the weight is gone. Dr. David Shokrian has the latest training to prescribe a safe weight-loss solution that works.
Why Should I Use Wegovy for Weight Loss?
The biggest benefit of using a Wegovy prescription is that it works better than most other weight control drugs. Advantages of the once weekly semaglutide shots include:
- Adults average a 15 percent drop in body weight.
- Adolescents lose an average of 16 percent of their body weight.
- Consistent dosing provides long term results.
- Optimum results occur when used along with moderate exercise and a healthy diet.
The medical profession now understands that the old methods of battling chronic obesity rarely succeed. You must manage the disease using the body’s own chemistry and metabolism. Tools like Wegovy give you the power to do just that. A weight loss doctor is trained to find the optimum dosage and maintenance plan to achieve your goals. Located in midtown Manhattan, Dr. Shokrian knows the best ways to make Wegovy work for you.
What’s Involved with Getting a Wegovy Prescription?
For medical weight loss, a typical dose of Wegovy is around 2.4 milligrams. The single-use injection pen is pre-filled with the weekly dose prescribed specifically for you. Each injection is:
- Self-administered in the privacy of your own home
- Dispensed on the same day each week — such as Monday
- Given at any time of day — morning, noon or night
- Taken with or without food
- Injected just under the skin in your upper arm, abdomen or thigh
The injection site should be rotated on a regular basis. The single use pen is discarded immediately after use. Your weight loss doctor provides step by step guidance for a safe and effective treatment. Before you know it, the weekly treatment soon becomes a normal part of your routine.
How Do Wegovy Injections Work?
Wegovy works with your body in a couple ways to help you take off unwanted pounds. These complex actions occur in two separate areas:
- The stomach. Wegovy acts like a natural hormone that your stomach releases when you eat. It sends a signal to your body to create more insulin, which then lowers the level of blood sugar.
- The brain. In higher amounts, Wegovy also activates an area in the brain which decreases feelings of hunger.
The name of the medication in Wegovy is semaglutide. This is a class of drugs known as glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonists, or GLP-1 RA. Since this medication reduces the amount of glucose, Wegovy has been used to treat Type 2 diabetes for over 15 years. In 2021, it was also approved as a safe and effective weight loss treatment. You may need to work with your doctor for a few months to arrive at the proper dose for your semaglutide shots.
Will a Wegovy Prescription Help Me Lose Weight?
A number of factors make you a strong candidate for losing weight with a Wegovy prescription. Look for a weight loss doctor you can visit regularly for follow-up semaglutide injections near me. You’re also a good candidate if you meet criteria such as:
- Being mildly to moderately obese
- Having no family history of thyroid tumors
- Maintaining a healthy diet
- Sticking to the regular schedule of medication
- Committing to regular, moderate exercise
Before diagnosing a particular medical weight loss drug, your Millennial Plastic Surgery doctor makes a detailed assessment. He considers a range of factors such as your:
- Medical history
- Family’s medical history
- Current state of health
- Desired weight loss goals
Once the doctor knows the details of your unique health profile, he determines the treatment that best serves your needs. This includes both the type of medication and the dosage for each week.
The arrival of Wegovy injections has brought new hope to people with chronic obesity. To find out if Wegovy weight loss is right for you, contact Millennial Plastic Surgery to begin the journey toward weight management success.